Zorzal Terroir Único Pinot Noir

17.50

1 in stock

Founded in 2008 to promote the un-explored wine region of Gualtallary. The project is benefitting from investment in the best equipment and team possible. This new project is based on traditional winemaking, with medium scale production. Juan Pablo Michelini is responsible for the core of the concept, which revolves around majority of work being done in the vineyards. This combined with minimal intervention winemaking, best reflects the Gualtallary terroir.

Gualtallary is a remote place in the pre Andes, located in the Tupungato Department in the Northernmost sector of the Uco Valley in Mendoza.  It is the highest altitude zone in the region, 1,200 to 1,600m above the sea level.

It has alluvial, primarily sandy soils with calcareous deposit and sectors with a presence of smooth round granitic riverbed stones, covered by calcium carbonate. The vineyard where this variety is grown is situated 1300 metres above sea level. It is a young vineyard, planted on chalky soils, with a very pronounced slope. This helps to keep the ground healthy, because there is no accumulation of water or frosts. The climate is mountainous, so we have a very wide temperature range, resulting in grapes with thicker skins considering it is a Pinot Noir.

The wines have lively, slightly austere profile, reflecting the soils and the altitude of the area. This hand harvested, single vineyard from Gualtallary is 100% Pinot Noir and is completely un-oaked to let the fruit driven quality of the wine shine. Great with and without food

 

1 in stock

Description

Tasting Notes from Pinto Wines

Colour Violet Red
Nose Mineral aromas with notes of graphite, dried fruits and wild herbs
Palate Very smooth and fresh in the mouth, thanks to its acidity; fluid and very silky with a long finish

Fact Sheet

Size 75 cl
Grape Variety 100% Pinot Noir
Alcohol % 13%
Style Light and crunchy Unoaked Red
Estate/Producer Bodegas Zorzal
Country Argentina
Region Gualtallary-Valle De Uco
Vintage 2018
Vinification The grapes are placed in cement tanks, with 80% crushed and the other 20% as whole clusters. The container
is filled by gravity, in other words, there is no pumping at any time, which means that the grapes reach their
fermentation site practically intact. A cold maceration lasting about 4 days is carried out, and then Alcoholic
Fermentation begins with indigenous or autochthonous yeasts. During this fermentation, the skins are tamped
(pillage) 3 times a day. Malolactic fermentation is carried out and then the wine is treated with sulphites at
30 ppm., filtered through plates, and finally bottled.
Closure Natural Cork
Cellaring/Ageing Potential Ready to be enjoyed. Drinking window up to 5 years after bottling

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Zorzal Terroir Único Pinot Noir”

Your email address will not be published.

Go to Top